Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Plein Air Water Lillie- sort of

A couple of us got together to paint at the local garden center here in town. I am not much of a plein air (painting outside) so I went a couple of days early and had Stan take some photos, this is one of the lillies that was blooming that day.
It was a fun painting session, some people stopped by to watch and it was decided that we will paint there once a month. They have probably 20,000 things give or take a few that one can paint including some beautiful ponds. I actually finshed this at home later that day with my online painting buddies (see virtual online painting in my links). So I did two paintouts in one day.

3 Comments:

Blogger kim denise said...

That water lily is luminous!!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Piper said...

Thanks Kim...it was fun to do

11:55 PM  
Blogger Merethe Torbergsen said...

Beautiful work, Piper! I love those rich darks, and the bright colours in the lily!

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home