Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Little Petey

I had a bird about this color when I was a child and this one reminded me of him. One day I came home from school, I think I was in about the third grade, my mom had left the back door open when she washed the floor and he flew out. I can remember standing in the backyard yelling for Petey to come back. Years later my sister who was about 3 at the time remembers stepping on a bird....do not know what was worst for my mom, the lie to me and watching me call for him in the backyard or seeing my sister step on the bird. Petey...here is to you.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lessandra said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Lessandra said...

Piper - This brings back memories when, I too, had a little parakeet named Petey (in fact we had two, at different times, and they both were named Petey). Your pastel is just beautiful! Are you going to be in the Kingman Mothers' Day Art Show?
Lessandra

11:35 PM  
Blogger Piper said...

Hi Lessandra, Yes, we will be at teh Mother's Day Show, how about you? thanks for sharing your memories with me about your Petey.
piper

6:54 AM  
Blogger Ruby said...

What a beautiful bird! I once had a parakeet named Mikey and he looked just like Petey. He was a very unique and smart bird. He flew out of the cage one day. I once thought I saw him up in a tree. I love your painting. Great job!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Piper said...

Ruby,
I am sure glad I painted a bird like Petey (or Mikey) it has brought a lot of warm memories for people
thanks
piper

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home