Friday, October 13, 2006

Attitude in the West

I entered my first juried show this week, The Black Mountain Fine Arts Show at Laughlin Ranch in Bullhead City, Arizona. I am really quite delighted that the rooster won Best of Show. Sorry for the poor photo of the rooster, there was quite a bit of light coming from outside. The painting also sold. I also won second place for "Lazy Afternoon" my friend, Merethe's cat. Lucas, the cat also won first place last month at our county fair. You can find him in an earlier entry.
Stan matted and framed both paintings so he had a hand in this also.
piper

2 Comments:

Blogger Merethe Torbergsen said...

Wow, Piper this is so great, congratulations!! Well deserved,your paintings are beautiful! I'm so happy for you! :)

Merethe

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations dear!!! You deserved it. Your work is so beautifull and I am glad you entered the juried show. Bravo!!!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home